The magic of Winter Solstice (Wednesday 21st December 2016) can be found in nature, as always! As you may well know, it is the shortest day of the year in which the sun is 'reborn' as from this point onwards the days get longer! See the connection with the birth of Jesus?
If the whole wheel of the year was condensed into a day then the Winter Solstice would be at midnight - the point at which the new day starts to come. It is the 'space between the ending and the beginning - a still point which contains not the absence but the presence of life.' It is the beginning of the dreaming in of the new and it's conception.
Here are some tips that can be useful and enlivening as we move through the holiday season:
* We can embody and appreciate the magic of Solstice by honouring the space between the ending and the beginning, dreaming in the new, finding the light within and reflecting on what we are birthing and conceiving right now. We can create intentionally in the space that has been created after all that has departed. If we don't then it will fill up with things that we don't consciously intend. Nature fills a vacuum!
* Remember that presents can = presence! And the greatest gifts and treasures are found within. The greatest gift that we can give to others is true and deep connection through listening wholeheartedly with all of our being to what they have to gift to us, without distraction, interruption or judgement - and without reloading the whole time with what we are going to say next.
* The more we can be resourced from our inner well over Christmas the more we can overflow and share with others! The more we can claim pockets of time for us - the more we can give to others more wholeheartedly.
* Looking for something small or simple to add to your or someone you love's Christmas list? Why not get some palo santo or sage - super cheap items that can also be bought on the internet that we can use to clear our spaces over the holiday period ready for the new year and create sacred space. I use palo santo for clearing spaces and old energy and sage when making or saying prayers.
* If (or perhaps, when) we get triggered over the potentially intense Christmas period then we can try to take some time to use the following special alchemical process to honour and process what has come up for us. Or, if we are unable to at the time - we can note it down and create space for this later.
Step 1: Welcome 'what is' with loving kindness. Show up for it with listening ears...
Step 2: Feel what it brings up for you - let emotion flow and move.
Step 3: Ask yourself if you need honouring for this pain or if you need someone to hear you out.
Step 4: Treasure hunt for the gift in the challenge - what needs are there that the feelings are alerting you to?
Step 5: Identify action steps to meet the needs and embody your insights.
Step 6: Celebrate (ideally with movement to solidify your intention - DANCE!) and burn off the waste - release.
In doing this we can squeeze the last bits of wisdom out of the challenges of 2016, aid our process of wrapping up the year, uproot the old and clear some of the debris of 2016 and before. We can resource ourselves through such tools throughout the holiday period.
* Celebrate ourselves (and others) as much as we can over the Christmas period. At a time for hopefully rest and reflection we can note down the treasures from the past year that we can celebrate in our journal or 'Treasure Chest' as I like to call it and DANCE our celebration dance as much as we can - dedicating it to ourselves and all that we have overcome or brought into being! It is a great time to create, in any way we feel to. And a perfect time to give ourselves a break! We can share our celebrations and gratitude with, and also dedicate them to, others - the true spirit of Christmas.
* Go gluttonous for everything that nurtures our mind, body and soul (and inner child)! Time for PLAY! Time to follow the cravings of our soul! And get drunk on our elixir - whatever it is that we need on our quest over the threshold of 2017 in order to embody our true potential and bring our most powerful intentions into being. What is yours?
I would like to thank you for your support and following along during this exciting first year of Wild Magical Freedom and wish you an inspiring, magical and festive week ahead!
BE conscious, celebratory and connected to you (and therefore to others)...Solstice Blessings to you!
P.s If you missed enrolling on RISE & SHINE - Ready for 2017 - my online course over the threshold of the new year to birth 2017 from presence, creative joy, and sparkly, loving power - I have an alternative for you! Check out the below or click here and get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more info or to book your session now.